The Children’s Dream Foundation maintains an ongoing dialogue with the medical teams in area hospitals and responds to their need for specialized medical equipment for children. Examples of the equipment we have provided:
- St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie – a Pediatric Glidescope and infusion system.
- Family Health Center at White Plains Hospital – vision and audi screening equipment.
- Phelps Memorial Hospital – a simulator training tool for the hospital’s emergency training center.
- The Children’s Rehabilitation Center in White Plains – monitoring and emergency equipment as well as an ophthalmology area.
- Richmond Children’s Center – specialized therapeutic equipment.
- Northern Westchester Hospital and Sound Shore Medical Center – neonatal equipment.
- St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital – specialized monitoring equipment.
- We have also donated 27 Neopuff Infant Resuscitators to hospitals across the Hudson Valley. Neopuffs control the amount of pressure used to inflate a baby’s lungs and the amount of oxygen used. The device is used most often for premature babies who account for around 12% of all births. Prematurity is the #1 killer of newborns.